Critical reflection for Effective Communication

Effective communication has been an enriching journey for me. At the beginning of the course, when I was asked to set my goals I wish to achieve, I wanted to improve my presentation and report writing skills. Each lesson was a steady progress and there was plenty of opportunity for everyone to speak.

As such, there was a notable improvement in my use of language by the end of the module.
What really sets this module apart from the rest was the group project. Having to identify a problem that was relatable to us and creating a solution for it was a really satisfying experience for me as I felt a sense of accomplishment and pride about my team’s work.

Another valuable experience I gained through effective communication was the significance of language used when it comes to emailing another party. By applying what we were taught in class, we needed to send an email to the Division of Estates of SIT@Dover to obtain certain information. In the working society, emails have to be short, concise, and yet at the same time, contain the appropriate tone to suit each situation. Therefore, to me, that was an important learning point that I would definitely reflect upon even after the end of this module.


At the end of the module, I am confident to say that I am more prepared than I was at the start of the module to perform in a formal setting. From writing emails, to presenting in from of an audience, and to craft a technical report from scratch. 

Comments

  1. Thank you, Shu Han, for this reflection. You do a good job reviewing some of the key tasks in the module and expressing how you felt about the tasks. I appreciate that your view toward such project-related tasks as the email you prepared and sent to Estates was positive.

    Of course, the essence of a critical reflection, as I had mentioned earlier, is that one also reacts to how the events/tasks described will move one forward. What in specific, for example, can you do to further improve, say, your writing skills?

    Of course, your team went the extra mile in the module and presented at the showcase. You three did a very admirable job with that. I'd also like to thank you for being a very fine event emcee.

    I appreciate all your hard work this term. Best wishes as you continue your learning journey!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An introductory letter via email

Analytical reflection for oral presentation